Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Despite the title of my blog

We've been getting a little crazy in the health and fitness department of our home. The hub joined the gym a few months ago and we've been going several times a week to work out. He even started working out with a personal trainer and I've had the privilege of working out with them one or twice. In addition, we've been making weekly trips to whole foods and stocking up on protein shakes and powders from the local vitamin store. I've been trying to get over my aversion to eating green things and I like to think I'm working my way through the 12 steps of Carboholics Anonymous. I'm not sure what spurred this movement, but it was definitely much needed. I was proud of my frequent gym visits at the beginning of the year but they slowly tapered off when round 2 of the dreaded exam came back in the spring. After the exam was over in April, though, I had no excuse. I got back into the yoga groove and kicked up the intensity on my cardio. After reading several fitness blogs and subscribing to Jillian's podcast,  I also started weight training. It was daunting at first but really not too bad. It's definitely empowering and worth a shot if you feel your workout routine is in a rut. The best part is that it goes by pretty fast as opposed to the seemingly endless 30-45 minutes on a treadmill. If  all you have is 15 minutes, you can get a great full body workout. Current favorite fitness blogs are Fitsugar, Self, and Women's Health.

No comments: