Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Perseverance

So back in early spring, I bought this Kong-on-Steroids for She-Who-Eats-A-Lot. The correct name for the kong is the Kong Wobbler and it's awesome. You fill it with treats and your pup has to knock it around to get the delicious treasures inside to fall out. I thought it'd be a great way for Mila to use some brain power and figure out a way to get the munchables out. Well turns out she was a little low on brain power when I first brought this home because she had no idea what to do with it. She'd sniff the opening and she knew there were treats inside, but she was too afraid to play with it. After about a week of her highly ineffective "sniff, then run away really fast" technique, I put it away and sobbed over the $20 I'd never see again. Not really, but I was a little sad because I was so sure she was going to love it. Well, fast forward to 2 days ago when I was rummaging through old dog toys and found the wobbler in the back of the closet. I figured maybe we should have another go at it. And wouldn't you know, someone has finally figured out how to get the treats out. It's safe to say this is her new favorite toy.

No comments: